Mistranslated & Unintentionally Humorous Arabic Signs! [Translation Activity]
Click on any image to start the slideshow
There are countless images shared online of signs in Arabic that are translated incorrectly which make no sense at all. These are usually oversights and unintentional.
- Level: Beginner – Intermediate
- Source: see photo credits below
Compare the English translations to the original Arabic text and try to provide a better translation.
- Unintentionally funny: Classic bloopers
- If you liked ‘Chinglish’ you’ll love ‘Saudinglish’!
- Dr. Muntasir Al-Hamad, Qatar University
Best of luck
If you have any questions about this activity or wish to make some suggestions or corrections please share your thoughts below.
This work by Mourad Diouri is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.